Wednesday, October 3, 2012

I Need a Good Dry Shampoo

I was using dry shampoo before it was cool, okay.  Yea, I was, and it was my little secret, a well kept secret that I didn't share with anyone.  Dry shampoo, at that time, wasn't easy to come by like it is now.  I was using the cult favorite, Batiste, in the blush scent.  Psst, like Batiste, has been around forever, but I've never tried it, because the bottle looks too old timey shaving cream can for my grandpa.  Ick.  Batiste works well.  I would give my hair and blast or two of this stuff, brush it out, and my hair would have a little volume to it, which was an added bonus.  I'd throw may hair up in a higher pony tail than usual with a little hair height at the crown of my head, and be skipping happy I got away with not washing my hair.

Well, I got cheap or cheaper.  It's not as if Batiste is expensive, but I went with the even cheaper Sauve.  This stuff sucks.  I blast it in my hair, and it turns my hair a gray-ish tint from the pressurized powdery substance in the can, which upsets me, because I can't seem to get that gray-ish color out once I blast it in.  It takes a lot of the Sauve to absorb the oil in my hair too.  I keep using it, because I'm going to feel guilty if I throw it out, but I'm going to throw it out one of these days after it dyes my hair gray, and I'm stomping mad.  The kind of stomping mad that can only be calmed with some chocolate and a Diet Coke or a cocktail. 

Don't skimp on a dry shampoo if you can help it.  If Sauve sucks, I bet Tresemme and all those other drugstore brands aren't so great either.  I'm going to go back to Batiste or I might buy Bed Head Rockaholic Dirty Secret Dry Shampoo, because I like the name.  Now, isn't that a smart shopper?  No, it's not.

Got suggestions on a good dry shampoo?

No comments:

Post a Comment