Sunday, October 7, 2012

Korean Air's "Coffee, Tea, or Me" Uniforms




In the sixties in America, flight attendants or, rather, stewardesses back then, were subjected to weigh-ins, and, of course, they had to be bubbly, beautiful, and available.  Then, along came the infamous line "coffee, tea, or me." Eventually, equality in the workplace, enforcement against sexual harassment, and the spread of the feminist movement did away with this female objectification in flight.  It looks like Korean Air is way behind in the evolution of feminism in the friendly skies.

This video I've posted is a Korean Air commercial that shows the new uniforms of Korean Air's flight attendants, so is that going to make you choose to fly Korean Air?  All of the attendants are females.  There is no male presence in sight except for the one Marlene Dietrich-esque suit ensemble, and gender bending hardly qualifies. 

The flight attendants dance to an electropop song while seductively doing teases with their uniforms.  Then, there's the strobe light effect. 

Does Korean Air have any amenities to offer?  I don't know, but looks like their flight attendants wear stylish uniforms.  That's really the only amenity I require when I fly-a fashionable piece of you know what serving me my Diet Coke and peanuts or wine if I'm sitting beside a lunatic. 

Nice work, Korean Air.



1 comment: