Monday, September 3, 2012

These Old Boots

 
 
 
 
God, I love these boots.  I got them in December 2004 from my parents as a graduation gift for earning my Masters in Public Administration from USC.  These boots are banana colored Campus Frye Boots.  They've seen me through boyfriends (until I met Brad); weight fluctations when only they would fit me; survived beer, yogurt, and Diet Coke stains and my Lurch drag'em foot shuffle and the brat stomp.   They're my standard go to shoe, because they're a little rugged, and, being I'm a little rough around the edges, they fit, not only my shoe size, but my personality too.  Plus, they match just about every outfit I own seeing as how I wear a tee shirt and jeans every day with that coin necklace. They've been re-soled, and, considering the shit I've been through since I've had them, I got re-soled right along with them.  With fall coming, I've already broken these puppies out waiting for a cooler day.  I could kiss 'em!  That says a lot considering the grossness I've stepped in while wearing these old boots.  Yea, that includes dog poo.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment