Friday, August 24, 2012

Halloween and My Top Ten Horror Movie List

I love Halloween!  I've always loved Halloween.  There's something about it and the fall that's atmospheric, and I just love it.  The winds are blowing colorful, crispy leaves; it's the end of Indian summer; pumpkins are for sale; the candy corn is fresh and not stale like the other times of the year; trick or treating; costumes; and horror movies. 

Out of all those things, my favorite thing to do is watch horror movie after horror movie after horror movie while carving pumpkins and eating Halloween candy.  I start watching horror movies about two months in advance to set the mood.  Try "The 60 days of Halloween" intead of "The 12 Days of Christmas."

Here's a list of ten horror movies that I make a point to watch every Halloween. 

1.  Halloween (1978)




2.  The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (1920)



3.  House of 1,000 Corpses (2003)














4.  Friday the 13th (1980)

Friday the 13th poster 1980

5.  Scream (1996)

[ SCREAM POSTER ]

6.  The Shining (1980)




7.  Halloween II (2009)



8.  The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)



9. Nosferatu (1922)



10.  Trick 'r Treat




No comments:

Post a Comment