Monday, August 20, 2012

Little Foo Foo Bunny or is it Little Bunny Foo Foo?

Everyone knows the Little Bunny Foo Foo song, and, if you don't, I'm sad for you.  It's such an important song in kindergarten.  I can remember sitting Native American style (for the sake of being politically correct) on that ABC rug with Mrs. Perrou sitting in her small people chair leading us in the Little Bunny Foo Foo song with our little kindergartener bathroom right behind her and her small people chair.

I loved that song, love it now!  But I can never seem to get the lyrics right.  I bungle it really, really bad.  Murder it.

One day, a long while ago, I asked Brad if he sang the Little Bunny Foo Foo song in kindergarten, and, of course, he did.  Then I broke out in song.  It went something like this; I'm ad-libbing:

"Little Foo Foo Bunny, scooping up the the snails and pulling off their heads.

Down came the goon and bopped him on his head.

The goon told him I'll give you three more chances, and, if you don't stop, I'll turn you into a rat.

More wrong lyrics

POOF, you're a rat!"

After bungling the lyrics, we laughed and laughed and went Ninja with potty humor versions of the song.  You can imagine what you can do with Little Bunny Foo Foo.  What rhymes with Foo Foo?  Poo Poo and Doo Doo.

Here's a worse version of the song than mine.  If you don't watch South Park, this is Butters singing "Little Bunny Foo Foo."  Whether or not you watch the show, you are going to love this.


No comments:

Post a Comment