Sunday, September 2, 2012

Bic Pen for Her, What The?




Please watch this commercial!  It will only take 18 seconds of your time.  Bic now has a line of pens made just for her in pastel colors with a translucent barrel.  Thank you, Bic!  I've been waiting for an office supplies and cigarette lighter company to finally make a pen that works for women too.  I've been struggling with my dainty, dimpled hands to use a man's pen for ages, and I can barely sign my name using his pen.  It's too heavy, too bold, and it's used to write multi-syllabic words.  Hopefully, this pen can do more than just be used to sign my name in pink to endorse the checks he leaves me for my allowance.  I like to draw unicorns, smiley faces, and hearts, and I want to be able to use it as a rolling pin, a tampon, a curling iron, and a pregnancy test.

All joking aside, this is messed up.  The creepiest part of the commercial though is when the anthromoporphized Bic pen kisses the blonde and swoons.  That's just icky poo poo.

 

2 comments:

  1. Check out some of the Amazon reviews! Saved the best for last.

    "I was recently given a box of these as a gift from my husband, but I have no idea what to do with them! They're too thin to make a good rolling pin. I can't ladle out my soups with them. And the tiny point doesn't even make a dent when I try to use one to chop veggies! I don't get it. If I can't use it in the kitchen, what the hell am I supposed to do with one???"

    "We're all joking about this, naturally (a woman using a pen — ridiculous!), but this could have serious implications. What's next, ladies attending universities? Pens to encourage literacy in the lower orders? The modern world is a mad place indeed. Amazon, I do hope you're scrupulous in only selling these to married men to give to their wives. To be used under strict supervision and with a doctor's note of consent."

    "I feel I must complain in the strongest terms about the sexism of this item. Where are the 'For Him' pens? How can I embrace my masculinity, when there is no pen for me? Am I destined to just watch all of the women around me falling into a sparkly dream of ponies, crochet and butterflies, while I pace angrily here, unable to access the manly world of construction vehicles, barbeques, motor racing, and science? I can barely adjust my crotch, I am so angry. Make pens For Him. Strong pens. Manly pens. Pens that dress on the right. Pens with good grips for masculine hands.

    "When I saw these I just had to have them, so I asked my Husband to buy them for me. He refused, as he said that owning a pen might make me Think, and then have Ideas of My Own. Then I might start to Write, which would take time away from my wifely duties such as Cooking, Cleaning, and Bearing Children. Of course he was Absolutely Right, none of these tasks require a pen, and so I have to give these one star."

    ReplyDelete