Saturday, September 8, 2012

My Mom's Reflection on Justin Bieber

 
 
A couple of days ago, my mom had come home from work, and the TV was on playing in the background.  I was flipping through a J. Crew catalog I'd just brought in from the mailbox, and, with my back turned to the TV, I heard Justin Bieber's voice, and I said, "Erg, The Biebs."  She couldn't understand how I knew who it was without even looking up at the TV.  Well, the Biebs has saturated the tween market, so how could I not know? The only person who doesn't know who he is is probably Brad who most likely doesn't even know that Jennifer Aniston and Brad Pitt are divorced. I try to keep him aware of the celebrity gossip I read on www.perezhilton.com  and www.dlisted.com, but I just can't seem to get him to care. 
 
On the TV was a promotion clip of Bieber for his guest appearance on The Ellen Show.  They show this clip where he hands Ellen a Girlfriend varsity jacket, and my mom goes with absolute and utter derision delivered in a deadpan tone, "He's a dork."  Priceless.   
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment