Friday, September 14, 2012

SS Minnow and Mascara

If I was told I could only take one make-up product with me when I was boarding the SS Minnow, it'd be mascara.  If I was going to be stranded on an island, I wouldn't want to be without my mascara.  One, because I would need to bat my eyelashes at the natives to keep from getting BBQed, and, second, because I love what it does for eyelashes. 

I've been playing with make-up since the 6th grade back when I was all about some Wet n' Wild make-up products.  Those who know me know that I do go au naturale without a swipe of make-up, so I'm not the type of girl who can't go to the gym or grocery without make-up.  I just need to get that out there, so readers don't think I'm a pretty, pretty princess.  Something I learned along the way, from a crazy ass Pageant Queen roommate of mine who wore rhinestones, is that two types of mascara can really get the job done.  I'm mean really, really "ka-pow" things up.

I use a volumizing mascara and a lengthening mascara.  I've used a lot of mascaras, and, although I love using Too Faced Lash Injection along with a lengthening mascara, I can't justify spending that much on mascara.  I use two Loreal mascaras-Voluminous in black (carbon black clumps real bad.  Don't buy it.) and Lash Out in blackest black.  First, you have to curl your eyelashes. That's one of the most important things to be done before application. I curl at the eyelash root and then at mid eyelash. If you curl just at the eyelash root, you're going to get this shape. It's not natural looking, so it's worth it to take 3 more seconds to curl at mid eyelash too to get this ) shape.  Apply the lengthening first, and start at the base line and wiggle the brush from side to side slowly as you glide to the end of your eyelash.  Be quick, because you don't want it to dry before you apply the volumunizing mascara.  Then apply the voluminzing and do the same motions.  And, dang girl, you're looking faboosh!

          






No comments:

Post a Comment