Friday, September 7, 2012

Maryland Governor O'Malley Needs an Etiquette Lesson

After Obama's moving and empowering convention speech, my buzz was killed by a jerkwad named Martin O'Malley, the democratic governor of Maryland.  Shortly after Obama's speech, CNN news anchor Wolf Blitzer cut to CNN correspondents on the floor to get crowd comments from prominent party players about their reaction to the speech.  A correspondent (not Candy or Soledad, but someone I don't know) was asking O'Malley what his opinion was of Obama's speech.  As she was asking her question, he ignored her, got his smart phone out of his pocket, fiddled with it, and snapped a photo of the stage!  Then, he got all swaggery and verbose and talked down to her like she was a nobody or a pesky fly that had just landed in his soup.  I was outraged!  He really did do this!  I have tried to find a video of his ridiculously rude behavior.  That was a very telling moment for me.  People who act like that are total megalomaniacs.  That behavior is inexcusable and disrespectful. 

On the TV screen, there was his name in a box, and under that box it said Potential 2016 Presidential Candidate or some junk like that.  Well, I got news for him.  I won't be voting for him in any primary.  And another thing, I'm in the middle of signing up for a Twitter account, so I can tweet him a little lesson in cell phone etiquette.  It'll go something like this, "Don't act like a snot-nosed 13 year old with your first smart phone!  Didn't your mama teach you any manners?"  Then, I'd serve him a giant slice of humble pie.

I really can't believe that man did that.  I'm still in total shock.  I'm confounded.  I tried to find a video, but there's not one out yet.  When I find it, I'll be posting it.  I need to go calm down.

No comments:

Post a Comment