Saturday, September 29, 2012

Why Does the Shampoo Always Run Out Before the Condition?

I really, really, really hate it when the shampoo bottle runs out before the conditioner bottle, and I know this happens to you too.  It happens to every girl unless you're that annoying girl who follows all the women's magazines amount suggestions and only uses a quarter size amount for both shampooing and conditioning your hair.

One reason it irritates me so much that I hiss in the shower is because I hate to mix my shampoos and conditioners.  I'm just Type A like that.  I do not want to mix my shampoo with a non-matching brand and type of conditioner, but I also don't want to  buy a brand new bottle of conditioner to match the half empty shampoo bottle, because I like to use different brands, which means I have lots of half empty shampoo bottles in the shower since I have to have matching sets.

I use way too much conditioner in my hair, because I think it's going to nourish all those broken, split ends, but it's not.  It's not going to fuse them back together, and over-conditioning just weighs down my baby fine hair making it limp, but I want to believe split ends are fused back and the conditioner is going to make my hair soft, manageable, and bouncy like all those women in the shampoo and conditioner commercials who, we all know it, did not use the shampoo and conditioner being marketed to us. 

Because I use too much conditioner, I'm left with half a bottle of shampoo.  Near the end of the conditioner bottle's supply, I do try damn hard to make the conditioner last by taking the top off with my teeth, yes, in the shower, adding water, and shaking it up.  That maybe works for a few days, and then it's gone, and I'm left with half a bottle of shampoo, and I'm hissing in the shower once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment