Sunday, September 9, 2012

Conversation with Dog



Scene:  It's around 4:00 AM, and I can't sleep.  I go downstairs to get Schroeder to bring him up to my bedroom.
___________

Me:  Come on, Ro, hop in bed.  Let's get snuggy buggy.  I can't sleep, and I need company.

Schroeder:

Me:  Come to the head of the bed.

Schroeder:

Me:  Okay, fine, I'll come to the foot and spoon.

Schroeder:

Me:  I really hate not being able to sleep.  And when the clock hits 4 AM, I feel like resigning to the fact that sleep has evaded me for tonight.  You like that too?

Schroeder:

Me:  All these thoughts are racing through my head, but mostly, it's that damn word scramble game I can't stopping playing on my Kindle!  I've somehow hard-wired it into my brain.  Like right now my brain just gave me the letters S-N-N-O-T-E-S.  Go. . . notes, tones, snot, not, ton, tons, sonnets, sonnet, toe, toes. . . .it just won't stop.  Want to watch TV?

Schroeder:

Me:  Infomercials umm no.  QVC, not tonight.  What about a 1988 documentary about Humphrey Bogart narrated by Lauren Bacall?  Harumph, so he was spoiled and rich and "broke" into Hollywood.  Yea if breaking into Hollywood means you have a neighbor affilitiated with a movie studio.  3 failed marriages.  Geez, I'm bored with him and with myself.

Schroeder:

Me:  Don't leave me.  Please!  Where are you going?

Schroeder:  To get away from you.  You talk too damn much.


No comments:

Post a Comment