Saturday, September 15, 2012

Peter Pan Syndrome in the Junior's Section

I was shopping in Nordstrom about week ago, and, like a bee to honey, I went to the junior's section.  I haven't been a junior for about ten or eleven years, so that means I've been shopping in the junior's section ten years too long.  I can't stay away from it.  I did wean myself off juniors jeans about ten years ago, and that was no small accomplishment.  I've since become more of a Joe's Jeans girl, but, shit, half of the other jeans I own are Forever 21, so what does that say about my small accomplishment?  That it was no accomplishment at all.  However, if the name of the store suggests anything, it suggests that I am 21 forever, and that means I can buy my jeans from there foreverrrrrr, right?

I know I shouldn't shop in the junior's section anymore.  Period.  It's time for me to put my Snoopy screen printed tee shirt to the side even if it does bring back warm, fuzzy memories of that Garfield "I Live for Saturdays" tee shirt I wore when I was four. I need to face the fact that the Snoopy tee should go into the work-out and sleep tee shirt pile.  It's just so hard to give those things up.  I don't want to.  I want to wear what I feel like wearing not what is appropriate.  Appropriateness is way over-rated.  I may give up the Snoopy tee, but one thing I won't give up are my cut-off jean shorts.  I'm getting buried in those babies.  Anyone who says different is getting haunted.

1 comment:

  1. Can I say you can't be buried in your jean shorts just so you'll come visit after you die?
    I'm having the same problem about age-appropriate clothes. But I have such a short waist that anything with a zipper taller that my thumb means my jeans are hanging out under my nips! You can only find stupidly low low-rise jeans in the junior section...unless the start making a "whore" section...

    ReplyDelete