Sunday, September 2, 2012

Product Review: The New POREfessional Benefit Product

Benefit Cosmetics - The POREfessional
POREfessional--This is a must-have beauty product!  I went to Ulta a few weeks ago to buy some needed items, and, when I was checking out, I made a grab for a spontaneous purchase while standing in line bored with a wandering eye.  What I picked up was some Benefit erase paste concealer.  Since I purchased a Benefit item, I got a bonus gift of a 1 oz POREfessional tube.

This stuff is a miracle of science, it's a make-up workhorse, it's an act of magic, and the packaging is so damn cute.  POREfessional is made to minimize the appearance and look of pores.  It's to be applied before putting on your foundation, and it has the consistently of a very light, stand-up, egg white whipped meringue.  It does have a skin tone color to it, but it's not meant to match your skin tone or maybe it has the science to adjust (I'm not joking.  Some make-up can do that).  It's mistake-proof for those who are fusspots about make-up being too difficult to apply.  You simply, with a light touch, rub it in the areas where you have stretched, larger pores.  It works to seamlessly fill in those pesky pores by creating this smooth layer, and, as an added plus, it evens out reddish skin discolorations, which is a problem for me.  I also feel that it works nicely as a foundation primer. 

The standard, regular size costs about $30 or you can buy the value size for $39, which is a much better buy since the value size is twice the amount of the $30 tube.  I know that seems like a lot, but it will last for a very long time since you really only need to use about a pea-sized amount to get the job done.  It's at Ulta, which always has $3.50 off a $10 purchase coupons, and Sephora or any larger department stores that carry Benefit products.  I am a huge fan of Benefit products and would recommend just about anything they make (particularly High Beam facial highlighter) with the exclusion of That Girl foundation primer, which is over-priced and doesn't deliver on its promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment