Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Shopping Online

So I want to buy a tube of that Benefit POREfessional product I went on and on about.  My funds are limited, but I'm thinking I'd rather have it than dinner and a movie; however, when I start that internal monologue, I remember that I need somewhere to go, so I have a reason to wear the POREfessional.  Then, it turns into the, yea, well, there are those times when I've been known to wear a belly dancing costume or a prom dress with full make-up when cleaning the toilet.  Then, it goes on and on like that for a few more seconds.  I think fast.

Well, I've decided I want to buy the stuff, and that means I have to go to Ulta and have a conversation with the workers I've come to know too well so well they should probably get invited to my wedding.  We even have nicknames.  There are times when I wish I would have started off on an aloof, icy foot with people, particularly people who work at my favorite stores, so I don't have to be pleasant when I just don't want to be pleasant.  That shit is hard to maintain, but I feel like I can't stop being friendly once I start.  And there's the two Target workers I see all the time.  I've even gone through one's check-out twice in one day.  I try to avoid them unless there is no alternative check-out.  Oh and the pharmacy, that might be the worst.  We're within a gnat's ass of going to lunch together.  In the end, I decided that I'd rather pay the $5.25 for shipping and not get to use my $3.50 off $10.00 purchase coupon rather than have to put on pants to go out in public and have to smile and act interested and cheerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment